20100103

this is the new year.

Good riddance 2009. you will not be missed.

I don't think I've ever been so relieved for a new year to begin. and at the same time so annoyed at my ignorance to think that a date on a calendar means everything is suddenly peachy. haha.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are those who go through the winter, for they can appreciate the summer more.
Blessed are those who sit in darkness for when the light comes, they will see it so clearly.
Blessed are those who are in need of a hand, for they will reach out to find a friend who has always been there.
Blessed are those whose tears stain their cheeks, for their laughter will taste so much sweeter.

I once asked a friend how he was doing and had never received a more truthful answer
"Life isn't good Ru, but God is always good."
I wish everyone would be this honest once in a while.

2009 was a difficult year. But I wouldnt have it any other way.
"therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day"

I have scraped the tip of God's endless and unimaginable love for us. And it is unbelievable.
It catches me offguard and is always calling me to a deeper place. A place of safety and security. Where I long to be rooted. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, or to reason it away, God's Love is unstoppable. He has pursued me over and over and over. Gently but passionately and persistently.
I have been blessed beyond measure with friends that love me unconditionally and stuck closer to me than blood.
this has made 09 worth every single day.

2010.
I can finally say that I have put the past behind me and I am ready to look ahead. I don't want to miss out on what He is doing.
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?"


No comments: