20100205

it has come to this






every picture tells a story right?..haha, here's me looking like a real doofus, but note how stoked I am on life. :-)
two thumbs up!

so here's the little story behind the picture.
a few blogposts back i wrote "I don't think I've ever been so relieved for a new year to begin. and at the same time so annoyed at my ignorance to think that a date on a calendar means everything is suddenly peachy"

little did I know the things God had in store.

I knew things would get better. I knew He promised me new things. but this, I never expected.
seriously, I think a miracle has occurred. and I never wana leave this place I'm in. God came like a bolt of lightning and filled all the empty places I needed to be filled. His love and grace has blown me away. I cannot explain it.

from darkness, to light.
from broken, to healed.
from confusion, to utter peace.
from weariness, to a new strength.
from downcast, to over joyed.

its like His favor on me is so huge and I have done nothing to deserve it. (in fact, looking back on last year, he probably should have struck me down with that bolt of lightning, not healed me...haha) but that's the power of His grace and mercy. his undeserved favor.

this is something I really needed to experience. cos now I can only boast in the Lord, not in the "12 steps" I took to find healing. God has fulfilled His promises, not because of what I've done, but because of WHO HE IS. His word is true, and remains true, whether I believe it or not. I have found such freedom in that. it's like for the first time on this journey with God I am understanding what it means to trust him. to know that He is good, all the time.

there are still challenges. every day. and recently i was confronted with a situation that opened up those nasty wounds all over again. but its different.

before, when storms approach, I would resent God. I would doubt his faithfulness, his love.

now, when storms approach, I run to him, not from him. cos I know that He loves me. I know that He is faithful. when I am weak, He is strong.

His grace is sufficient.

and when His grace comes and reveals His love to you, you'll pretty much give Him two thumbs up too :-)

No comments: