20100331

black and white



















 been thinking more and more about truth. i am so hungry for it. ABSOLUTE TRUTH. i believe the Word of God is true. sometimes i am just overwhelmed by the different interpretations. opposing opinions. different denominations and methods and.....truths.

it's not about who is right or wrong, but rather about what pleases God.
and it's about knowing why i believe what i believe.

i don't want to be ignorant.
i don't want a fickle faith. i don't serve a grey area God.



Lord, i just want YOUR truth.


iv been confronted with grey areas a few times this year.


i love how when I ask God questions He never rebukes me or turns away from me but rather He says 'Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe. Come to me, you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."'


i know He will show me His truth. and i will keep searching. holding onto His love that saved me.


i believe its good to ask questions. with a humble and sincere heart. while always knowing that God is God. and there are some things we will just never grasp. having a peace that I am made righteous by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.


i hope we all find what we are looking for. treasure.

1 comment:

welovepictures said...

We are often to concerned with quickly adding a new post to our blog that we forget to check in on those we are following. This evening something caught our eye and forced us to read your post. There is a wonderful, familiar feeling that comes over us when ever we see that beautiful name - Jesus.

We too feel, as you say "overwhelmed by the different interpretations. opposing opinions. different denominations and methods and.....truths.", when all we are after is Jesus. Just Jesus. Simple, but not so simple right.

We read this last night and perhaps it was to share it with you. Slightly paraphrased, but beautifully so...

"..exhort one another...for we share in Christ."

Hebrews 3:13/14

You are so right to say that you need only to hold on to his love. In that is the beauty that lived (and lives) in a man named Jesus.

love
welovepictures