20100412

book love

my 'read-a-book-a-month' resolution is goin quite well. so far so good.


jan - 'cash' by johnny cash - great book, slow in parts, but what a wise man he was with an incredible story of God's grace and redemption. #fav part - cash tries to take his own life by crawling into a cave where it's virtually impossible to get out of. totally high and at his worst, God finds him and saves his life. and all the parts where he talks about his wife is inspiring, to say the least.


feb - 'bathsheba' by francine rivers - beautifully written, easy to read. #fav part - David has just committed adultery with Bathsheba and she fears for her life, that people will find out and stone her to death, but David promises that nothing and no one will ever hurt her.  "..little did David know, that he would be the one to hurt her the most.." (paraphrased)


march - 'blue like jazz' by don miller - THE best book I've read in a long time. so honest and beautifully written. i highly recommend this book. #fav part - (gave me that great fuzzy warm feeling in my gut that makes me wanna laugh and cry at the same time at the goodness and greatness and awesome creativity of God) - one of his friends tells the story of how she accepted Jesus as truth. there is a line in that story where she explains God's word to donald, she says "I always thought the Bible was more of a salad thing, you know, but it isn't. It's a chocolate thing."  yum.
this book made me relook alot of areas in my life. selfishness. the love of money. sharing the gospel.



april - tryin to get my head around the 'problem of pain' by cs lewis (i think i need a bigger head)

No comments: